It’s 10:50PM on Friday night and I’m pushing through some exhaustion to get this posted tonight. We’re remodeling / updating our house right now and it’s been a very long week. Here are my top five moments from this week:
1. On Wednesday and Thursday, there were 20 men representing 6 different trades working in the house. At one point I went into the closet and started crying. Unfortunately, there were no doors on the closet.
2. There is sawdust and drywall dust covering every square inch of my house. Including my toothbrush.
3. My feet were so dirty when I climbed into bed last night that I tried to sleep with them hanging over the edge. When I woke up to go to the bathroom my foot was asleep and I fell down.
4. Ellen’s trunk is still on our porch. We haven’t unpacked a thing (including wet towels) and we picked her up from camp one week ago.
5. I went to Home Depot today. Four times.
I’m posting because I really believe that gratitude is a practice. This is one of my favorite quotes EVER:
It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.
–Brother David Steindl-Rast
So, today I trust that it’s OK to stop when I’m really just too tired (and dirty feet never killed anyone).
I’m grateful for incredibly talented and gifted crafts people.
I’m inspired by simplicity and calm. I had every room in my house (except Ellen and Charlie’s) painted Bay Laurel by Restoration Hardware.
What about you? What’s something terrible/funny/sucky/ridiculous that happened to you this week?
What’s your TGIF?