I’m back and on a new blog platform. The goal is for it to appear seamless for y’all (it’s not so seamless over here – I’ve got a manual on one side of me and a full “swear jar” on the other). There’s so much going on this weekend that I wanted to give you a quick update.
1. Friday evening I’ll be at Omega’s Women and Power Retreat in Rhinebeck, New York. There will be a free livestream of my conversation with Elizabeth Lesser and Joan Halifax Roshi. You can register for the Omega livestream here.
2. Sunday night is the first airing of Lifeclass with Oprah. Check out the lab work (kinda like homework, but better) and join us!
3. I’m absolutely crazy about these personalized posters from Kal Barteski. Mine are hanging at the top of our stairs. I’ve even bought them for teachers’ gifts (You are an awesome teacher).
4. My friend, Farrah Braniff, taught me how to shoot. Pictures. She’s an amazing photographer and teacher, and her new book Moments that Matter: Real Life Photography Techniques for Capturing the Joy and Wonder of Childhood just hit bookstores. Check it out.
5. Congrats to 15 year old Hayley Grimshaw who, along with her friends, developed and produced an anti-bullying PSA for a cause started in her community called TRUCE: Tolerance, Respect, Understanding, Compassion, and Empathy. The talented crew includes Sahar Afrakhan, Chris Grimshaw, Ross Hubbard, and Ali Fullerton (who wrote and sang the beautiful song). Watch the powerful video here!