The Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative is a great resource for keeping track of actions around the city and includes several resources on advocacy tools. You can check them out HERE.
Friday, June 22, 2018 @ 6:00PM:
“Community Action: Family Reunification” Information here.
RALLIES & MARCHES
- Mothers Against Family Incarceration (June 24th). Information here.
- Families Belong Together Rally in Brownsville, TX (June 28th). Sign up here.
- Families Belong Together March (June 30th). Sign up here.
- Black Lives Matter March for Human Rights (June 30th). Information here.
Beyond the Margins: An LGBT Refugee Experience (June 28th). Information here.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES/OTHER ACTIONS
- Contact ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) directly. Write to them here or call them at 1-866-DHS-2-ICE.
- The Catholic Charities of Houston are looking for volunteers of all kinds, including babysitters, licensed counselors, shelter volunteers, translators, and mentors. You can fill out their volunteer application here and donate here.
- If you speak Spanish, Mam, or K’iche’, and have any sort of legal or paralegal training, you can help take declarations from separated families at the border, in McAllen, Texas. Sign up here.
- RAICES needs volunteer translators who speak Meso-American indigenous languages (e.g.: zapotec, nahua, quich’e, maya, mixe, mixteco – not Spanish). Do you know anybody? They don’t need to be in Texas, or even in the US. They can translate remotely. Email email@example.com.
- Write to Congress in under 2 minutes – Text the word Resist to ResistBot. You will find out who represents you in Congress and send your message.https://resist.bot
ORGANIZATIONS TO SUPPORT
Please click this link and scroll down to view a comprehensive list of organizations and groups working on this all over the country.
Thank you to the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work for providing us with this info!