I know that I’m ready to give feedback when …
- I’m ready to sit next to you rather than across from you.
- I’m willing to put the problem in front of us rather than between us
(or sliding it toward you).
- I’m ready to listen, ask questions, and accept that I may not fully understand the issue.
- I’m ready to acknowledge what you do well instead of picking apart
- I recognize your strengths and how you can use them to address your challenges.
- I can hold you accountable without shaming or blaming.
- I am open to owning my part.
- I can genuinely thank someone for their efforts rather than criticize
them for their failings.
- I can talk about how resolving these challenges will lead to growth and opportunity.
- I can model the vulnerability and openness that I expect to see from you.
- I am aware of power dynamics, implicit bias, and stereotypes.